Parenting Education Program
LYSB is an approved provider of the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch’s mandated Parenting Education Program. Parents involved in divorce, separation, and custody issues are required to take this 6 hour course. LYSB has been providing the PEP classes since 1999, and our facilitators have strong backgrounds in counseling, mediation, and family therapy.
or call LYSB to register at (860) 434-7208 x0. We are happy to answer any of your questions about the Parenting Education class. Our staff will provide you with support and resources as you navigate through this difficult time for you and your family. All inquiries are confidential.
UPCOMING PEP DATES
|FULL /CLOSED – October 1 (Saturday), 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.||IN PERSON||Norwich|
|October 22 (Saturday), 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.||IN PERSON||New London|
- Essex: 190 Westbrook Road (Child & Family Agency of SE CT)
- Groton: 591 Poquonnock Road (Child & Family Agency of SE CT)
- New London: 7 Vauxhall Street (Child & Family Agency of SE CT)
- Norwich: 181 Elizabeth Street (St. Peter & Paul Church)
- Old Lyme: 59 Lyme Street (Lymes’ Youth Service Bureau)
- Online, via Zoom
- All registrations must be made in advance, NO WALK INS.
The fee is $150 and must be paid IN ADVANCE. We also accept the court fee waiver forms. Please contact our office with any questions about payment and waivers. To pay with a credit card CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register? You must register and pay IN ADVANCE. We do not accept walk ins. You can register at this link CLICK HERE, or call our office 860-434-7208 and we are happy to register you.
Is this class offered online? Yes we offer classes both in person and online. We do not offer hybrid classes. NO WALK INS.
Do I have to take the class at a location in my Court District? No. You can take the class at any of the locations statewide.
Is there a test at the end of the class? There are no tests. You will have successfully completed the course after attending all six hours.
What if I can’t find my form? We have extras. Or you can print one out in advance from the Judicial Branch website.
Do I have to take the class with my spouse/partner? No. You are not required to take this class with or without your spouse/partner. In fact, if you wish that someone NOT be in the same class with you, please let us know and we will honor your request. If you wish to be together in the same class, that is fine too.
I am in a domestic violence situation and do not want my spouse in my class. Is that okay? Absolutely, we will honor your request. Your safety and well being is important to us.
How can I prove to the courts that I took the class? The facilitator will sign your form and indicate that you successfully completed the class. You will receive a copy of this form, and we will also submit a copy to the courts.
I don’t know how to use zoom. No problem! We can have practice zoom meeting with you in advance to make sure you have the correct audio and video settings and get you ready for the class. Zoom can be used on a computer, table, or smart phone.
REGISTER HERE or call LYSB to register at (860) 434-7208 x0.
Your registration is NOT confirmed until you have paid.
For In-Person Classes Only: What to Bring to Class?
- Bring your FORM (Parenting Education Program – Order, Certificate and Results Form JD-FM-149). If you don’t have the form, we have extras at the class, or they are available at Judicial District Clerks’ Offices, Court Service Centers and on the Judicial Branch website. Your lawyer may also have the form.
- Your DOCKET NUMBER. This is a number the courts have assigned to your case. The Docket Number should be written on your form (see above)
- PAYMENT for the class of $150 and must be paid IN ADVANCE. If your fee has been waived by the courts, you must provide court proof of the waiver which is SIGNED. Call us in advance if you have any questions about payment or waivers.
- If your class is on a Saturday, you may want to bring your lunch. We have a refrigerator and microwave available. Or there are a few places nearby to purchase lunch during the hour break.