Lyme-Old Lyme Mentoring Program
Mentor Today, Make a Difference Tomorrow
We are looking for adult mentors to work with elementary & middle school students starting Fall 2021
Do you have an hour to give each week to make a difference in the life of a young person?
We are looking for mentors for our Lyme-Old Lyme Mentor Program, which is a collaboration of the Lyme Old Lyme Schools and Lymes’ Youth Service Bureau. We seek to match adult and high school mentors with middle and elementary school mentees. Mentors meet with their mentees for one hour each week (during lunch or immediately after school). The program provides initial training for incoming mentors, and we offer regular check-ins and support to mentors. Every child can use another caring adult in their life. If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact us!
- Improve attitude
- Raise academic performance
- Promote self respect
- Build self-esteem
- Improve peer/family relationships
- Strengthen communication skills
- Increase school attendance
- Prepare the workforce of the future
- Be screened, interviewed, and attend a training.
- Meet with their mentees once per week in the school setting (during lunch or immediately after school)
- Be a positive role model offering advice, life skills, and friendship.
- Gain a friend and make a difference in the life of a young person!
To learn more contact:
Noah Ventola, Assistant Principal, Lyme-Old Lyme Middle School
email@example.com 860-434-2568 x2003
Mary Seidner, Executive Director, LYSB